Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

How long does Q have....

Talk Avs hockey here!

How long does Q have....

Postby Drury_Sakic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:49 am

I know its early, and I want to stress I am NOT calling for it, but how long does Q have to turn the boat around before his job is on the line?

The club has all the talent in the world up front and what would seem on paper to be a qualified, if not spectacular D core, and 2 goalies who play OK. It seems that Q has not been able to find chemistry in the lineup.

When does that come down to the coach, maybe mid december?

And if it does, who do the Avs bring in? Hartley? Burns? Roy?
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby chiavsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:31 am

Maybe if the players start to play to their potential (COUGH Hannan and Leopold COUGH)...

We know that the team can play under Q, they did it last year at the end. Why they can't get up for games in the first half of the season is beyond me. They did it under Hartley for the most part, and they did it under Granato in the first half.

It's odd
I don't Believe in Peter Budaj...or Andrew Raycroft.
chiavsfan
Hall Of Famer

Postby Yossarian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:17 am

Unless the Avs lose like 8 straight he has at least until the end of the season. In all reality unless they miss the playoffs completely, I think he has next season too.
Yossarian
Hall Of Famer

Postby SvatosSakic4019 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:41 am

It is odd...they kicked major ass for him late last year with that insane run...why not now? Defense is the major issue though. We have to tighten up...period. No other way to look at it. He could be in hot water if we really start to suck, but not yet.
SvatosSakic4019
Hall Of Famer

Queenie

Postby jabshot1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:04 pm

Queenie up to his mentally challenged coaching again!
Changing It Up
Jaroslav Hlinka skated with Milan Hejduk and Paul Stastny during Tuesday?s practice, which is a look the Avalanche hasn?t used this season. The trio did skate together at times during training camp and showed they can play together effectively when given the chance.
?We?ve tried a lot of different combinations and that?s one we haven?t seen yet,? said Avalanche head coach Joel Quenneville. ?Hopefully there?s some chemistry there with the two Czechs and Paul. Milan and Paul work well together, so hopefully that line can be effective,?

What a lame coach. This is a great reason to change friffin lines again!!!! Heck we haven't seen Parker skate with Duk and Stas Let's try that! I have never heard such a crock of Sheit
in my life! I used to think Hartly was bad but this guy takes the cake!!!! The Wolski / Stas / Duk line was very good and the Smyth / Stas / Duk line is even better. This guy keeps saying he's looking for chemistry but never lets anyone skate together for even 3 games straight. Does anybody see what a mental case this guy is. Heck Bru & Sakic got 183 pts as a pair last year. That was the 3rd highest scoring pair in the entire league. Let's not skate these guys together!!!!!

In Between the Pipes
Quenneville stated after Tuesday?s practice that Peter Budaj will receive the starting nod in goal against Edmonton. Budaj has posted a 3-1-0 record over his last four games. On the season, he holds an 8-4-0 mark with a 2.85 goals-against average.

YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Postby Drury_Sakic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:10 am

Q is a bit of a basket case. Which is both a blessing and a curse. He managed to find lines last year with chemistry, I really wish he would go back to them. I have said it before, but this club needs to be forced to play with the talent they got.

I do think a big part of the line swaping has to do with the expectation that Smyth and Sakic would be getting ice time together, and I think that Q is being forced into it a bit. You know that the two expect to play together.

I am thinking this team may in fact need Forsberg back, if not for the emotional lift and the fire he brings to the ice. That was why the Forsberg, Sakic Combo was such a dynamic duo. The fire in Foppa and the calm consistancy that Joe brought. If he able to come back at this point, I would take him hands down.

Smyth-Sakic-Richardson
Wolski-Stastny-Hejduk
Bruno-Forsberg-Svatos
Guite/Smith/Parker/Hlinkia-Arnason-Lappy (which ever fits the bill against the given team)

That would create the deepest offense in the NHL hands down. Forsberg would not take the beating of the past as his unit would get the 2nd defensive line, if not the 3rd, plus Bruno would do the dirty work along the boards.

Q also needs to get back to letting his D men do their jobs. Liles is an offensive D man. Forget about trying to make him a more well rounded player and let him loose. Tell Finger its great that he takes a shot every so often, but his job is to make up for Liles mistakes. Sauer needs to stand infront of the net so he can level a guy when Clark gets a bit out of position or turns the puck over, and speaking of that, Clark needs to remember he is ok at stick handling and carry the puck out more often rather than tapping it too softly up the boards resulting in a horrible turn over. Hannan is perhaps the only D man playing up to my expectations at this point and Skrastins needs to simply vanish off this roster. Oh, and Leo NEEDS TO STAY HEALTHY.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby avsrock » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:21 pm

Drury_Sakic wrote:Q is a bit of a basket case. Which is both a blessing and a curse. He managed to find lines last year with chemistry, I really wish he would go back to them. I have said it before, but this club needs to be forced to play with the talent they got.

I do think a big part of the line swaping has to do with the expectation that Smyth and Sakic would be getting ice time together, and I think that Q is being forced into it a bit. You know that the two expect to play together.

I am thinking this team may in fact need Forsberg back, if not for the emotional lift and the fire he brings to the ice. That was why the Forsberg, Sakic Combo was such a dynamic duo. The fire in Foppa and the calm consistancy that Joe brought. If he able to come back at this point, I would take him hands down.

Smyth-Sakic-Richardson
Wolski-Stastny-Hejduk
Bruno-Forsberg-Svatos

Guite/Smith/Parker/Hlinkia-Arnason-Lappy (which ever fits the bill against the given team)

That would create the deepest offense in the NHL hands down. Forsberg would not take the beating of the past as his unit would get the 2nd defensive line, if not the 3rd, plus Bruno would do the dirty work along the boards.

Q also needs to get back to letting his D men do their jobs. Liles is an offensive D man. Forget about trying to make him a more well rounded player and let him loose. Tell Finger its great that he takes a shot every so often, but his job is to make up for Liles mistakes. Sauer needs to stand infront of the net so he can level a guy when Clark gets a bit out of position or turns the puck over, and speaking of that, Clark needs to remember he is ok at stick handling and carry the puck out more often rather than tapping it too softly up the boards resulting in a horrible turn over. Hannan is perhaps the only D man playing up to my expectations at this point and Skrastins needs to simply vanish off this roster. Oh, and Leo NEEDS TO STAY HEALTHY.

Those lines would be very very nice. Richardon could also be interchangeable with Hensick if he continues to develop in the AHL, he could be what Wolski was a few years ago in the playoffs.
avsrock
Hall Of Famer

Return to Avalanche Hockey Talk